Monday, January 24, 2011

When it's cold...Bake cookies!

It was a cold weekend for Southwest Florida, I think I'm spoiled. I was born and raised in Chicago, but when it gets down to 49 degrees, I'm cold. Could be worse, as I am writing this the weather channel says it is 13 degrees in Roselle, Illinois...the place I lived before becoming a Floridian.

Alli decided to ran to the grocery store with me last night...of course I was ONLY planing on picking up half and half for my morning coffee, but of course she had different ideas. By the time we left..."Dad...you've got to make cookies...if I'm stuck home on a Saturday night, least you can do is make cookies".....so much for sitting around and reading.

 Alli LOATHES nuts in cookies, I personally love pecans or walnuts in my Chocolate chip cookies.

These may not be "Top Chef", but I've been making these for years. Simple, basic...who doesn't love a great Chocolate chip cookie. And unlike my favorite Top Chef Desserts star, Danielle Keene of Biittersweet "that taste but doesn't eat" ( I still think she just has "The Skinny Gene" )...I not only taste all of my cooking, I eat it too!


Ken's Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients

  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup shortening (I use Butter flavored Crisco)
  • 1/2 cup  (1 stick) of butter
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon  Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Bean Paste
  • 1 large egg
  • 2 cups (12-oz. pkg) of Milk Chocolate chips

Directions

PREHEAT oven to 375° F.

COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add egg beating until smooth and creamy.Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in Chocolate chips. Press into small round molds (or drop by medium scooper) unto ungreased baking sheets, or on silicone baking mat or parchment paper covered baking sheet. 

BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment