Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Warning! Non Top Chef Content!!

Frittata for dinner any one?

I came in from work today and had no idea what I would make for dinner. I had taken nothing out of the freezer, tired, long day. I alot of nights I just create new dishes, or make something easy and homey and save the gourmet cooking for the weekends.

Well tonight I decided on something simple, but yet tastie...a gyro frittata. I know what your thinking...what? a gyro frittata?? Being from Chicago I love gyros...and a weekend favorite was going to my local favorite dinner and ordering a gyro meat omelet...so for me this is as familiar as home.

The beautiful thing about frittata's is you can add anything you like in them...go ahead experiment...have some fun!


Ken's Gyro Frittata

6 large eggs
1/4 cup of half and half
1 tsp oregano
Kosher salt to taste
Coarse ground pepper to taste
8 strips of gyro meat (I purchase Kronos from GFS)
2-3oz of feta cheese
8 slices of Swiss cheese
1 small Roma tomato
1 scallion
Tzatziki sauce
Olive oil


Preheat oven to 350 degrees; Beat eggs with whisk in a medium bowl and whisk in half and half.
Add oregano, salt and pepper. Heat non-stick skillet (oven safe) with small amount of oil over medium heat, add egg and take off heat.
Put layers of gyro meat and Swiss cheese on top of egg and then sprinkle with feta, put in oven.
Bake at 350 degrees for 15-17 minutes.....DO NOT OVER COOK!

Serve with chopped tomato, scallions, and  tzatziki sauce


No comments:

Post a Comment