The Chicken dish is simple and this whole dinner, and the whole dinner from beginning to end took under 30 minutes to prepare. I also served this dish with caramelized cabbage with balsamic , and a home made tzatziki sauce.
Again this is a low fat and almost zero carb dish. I used small amounts of shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano on the mushrooms, but that was the only added fat to the whole dish.
- Pam no stick olive oil spray
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon savory
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon of lemon pepper
- 1 lemon ( juiced and zest grated)
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into pieces
In a large skillet preheat a nonstick pan over medium, spray with cooking oil. In a small bowl mike cut chicken, lemon juice, lemon zest, all the herbs, garlic, lemon pepper and salt. Let set several minutes and ad to hot pan, "stir frying" until down, about 5-6 minutes.
- 18 fresh large white mushrooms ( about 1 pound) Stems removed and stems chopped and saved
- Pam non stick Vegetable oil spray
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 10-ounce pack frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dried
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon of Italian bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon of finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Parmigiano-Reggiano shavings for garnish
Lightly spray a baking dish with Pam non stick oil and preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a non stick saute pan, spray with Pam non stick oil and chopped mushroom stems, onion and garlic to pan. Cook over medium heat and cook to onions are translucent. Add spinach, lemon juice, lemon zest, bread crumbs, and cheese to pan. Cook an additional 3-5 minutes. Stuff each mushroom cap with mixture, and top with shavings of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes till cheese is golden and bubbly.